Susan Frost is the president of Education Priorities, a progressive education policy consulting firm that focuses on helping organizations set policy priorities that support their mission and goals, develop education policy agendas that are grounded in research and best practice, and make recommendations to policymakers to take action at the federal, state and local levels.
The firm is mission-driven and works with clients who believe that all children deserve and must have access to an excellent education from pre-school through college.
Frost represents national education and children's organizations, business leaders, and education foundations, helping them develop new education policy initiatives and identify opportunities in current law to implement state and district-wide school improvements. She promotes policies to help make sure that our nation’s students receive a cutting-edge education, benchmarked against world standards, allowing them to graduate with 21st century skills, able to compete globally, and meet world-class standards.
As a skilled facilitator, she has led forums and meetings of researchers and practitioners on a wide range of topics, including:
- Improving U.S. graduation rates and turning around low-performing schools
- Internationalizing the curriculum and engaging and motivating today’s students
- Successful national and state policies for the middle grades
- National high school policy
- Adolescent literacy
- Preparing and retaining high-quality teachers
- After school and extended learning time
- Increasing the number of students prepared to enter and graduate from college
- The importance of school, community, and parent advocacy.
Frost is one of only a few education leaders who has experience in both the legislative and the executive branches of government, as well as in leading national non-profit organizations. As a respected advocate for expanding educational opportunities for all students, she has helped to create successful new alliances to make high school and middle grades education a top priority at the federal and state levels.