The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy, research, and advocacy organization. Its mission is to promote high school transformation to make it possible for every child to graduate prepared for postsecondary education and success in life. The Alliance develops and advocates for research-based national and federal policies that support effective secondary school reform. Specifically, the organization aims to assure that high standards, aligned to college and work readiness, are in place in all schools and that students are provided with the supports they need to attain academic success. The Alliance's efforts are based on the premise that, if given the right environment and tools, every student can achieve.
Open to an undergraduate or graduate student interested in public policy, education, or federal advocacy. Candidate must have excellent oral communication, research, organization, and writing skills. Familiarity with policy organizations, federal policy, or the education field a plus.
The intern will work closely with all members of the policy/advocacy staff in Alliance efforts and will:
- Assist staff by conducting legislative research, developing policy fact sheets, tracking federal legislation, and attending congressional hearings and briefings.
- Provide staff with support in research and analysis of various topics, organizations, and key players in the field.
- Assist in the development of case studies of promising practices in education.
- Attend conferences, briefings, and forums as a representative of the Alliance.
- Assist in the preparation of Alliance publications and events.
- Keep staff abreast of trends in education reform.
- Provide any other support to the president and staff as needed.
This position is paid. Interns are hired for employment on the academic semester schedule for fall, spring, and summer terms.
Applications for fall 2013 are now being accepted. Please attach in one Word document or PDF file a resume, list of references, writing sample, and cover letter expressing interest in the position and dates of availability to the form below.
Application deadline for fall 2013 internships is July 5, 2013.
Contact: Martens Roc at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Alliance engages employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, gender, marital status, or any other characteristic covered by law.